Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Spring alert!

Claude takes time to smell the crocuses.



Claude the Caterpillar is the latest member of my knitted toys family. He's a free pattern from Lion Brand yarn, created from Lion Brand's "Vanna's Choice" acrylic worsted, which is durable enough to withstand most children. I let Claude explore the garden yesterday, and he drew my attention to the first crocuses. That was certainly uplifting! (Especially since the forecast for tomorrow is freezing rain mixed with snow. We New Englanders cling to every ray of hope....)
* * *
And, another wonderful spring event:  my feature article, "Treasure Hunt:  The Hidden Yarn Shops of Manhattan," is in the latest issue of Interweave Knits (Spring 2014). Doing the research for this piece last summer was amazing fun, and I was accompanied on these day-trips to the Big Apple by my trusty pal Neuroknitter, who was, as always, great company.


You'll find the article on pages 12-15.

Coming up soon: the winner of the Knit Nordic book giveaway (there's still time to enter: contest closes on 3/15 at midnight), another knitting book review and giveaway, and....?)

No comments:

Post a Comment